The Anarchy Way
- Always be on the lookout for opportunities to be helpful.
- Have weak opinions you express strongly.
- Every side has a grain of truth (in non-technical discussions). You just don’t know everybody’s language. You’re aim should be to learn.
- Be honest.
- Just do things and many things, but do them well.
- Don’t ask for permission.
- Don’t be mad if somebody does a thing without asking permission. Next time make sure the auths are correct.
- A product shouldn’t tell somebody they can’t do something, but it’s okay to tell them they shouldn’t.
- Code should be simple and short.
- Code duplication is the root of all evil.
- Ask many questions.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Critique your own idea first, and publicly.
- Every idea is valuable yet somehow terrible.
- be civil and kind.
- ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated.
- no racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry.